September
A farewell dinner for Y. He's going to the US for 6 weeks and may not come back. How I wish I could take a 6-week holiday now =). Work has never been better but somehow I wanna take a break. Just wanna go somewhere. The round-the-world trip tickets from STA Travel are looking pretty tempting. The discounted prices are only valid for under 26. I only have a year to go and it's quite unlikely that I'll be able to do it next year. And to travel round the world I'll probably need at least 3 months. It's most unfortunate that my boss would never allow me to do so. But I can always quit and find another job, haha. Speaking of jobs, there are jobs in WA that are paying $93k-$100k for graduates. Isn't that insane? I'm sure they can afford it, but I just can't figure out why they would pay so much for graduates. Maybe I should apply for it.
Haven't had alcohol for months and I had 3 stubbies tonight. Apart from Y's farewell, there was also another occasion worth celebrating. N & S got together just 3 weeks after they met. How amazing is that? Gotta be love at first sight! And congratulations!
Haven't had alcohol for months and I had 3 stubbies tonight. Apart from Y's farewell, there was also another occasion worth celebrating. N & S got together just 3 weeks after they met. How amazing is that? Gotta be love at first sight! And congratulations!
Are you serious?
I was looking at jobs in Aus lately
Is it still quite hard to get working visa in Aus right now?
I mean do i have to be a PR first? :p
Posted by
Anonymous |
September 20, 2006 12:24 pm
I think it's never been easier to get a job in Australia now, esp in WA and QLD where the mining industry is booming.
You don't have to be a PR to work here. But you'll need a work visa. Your best bet would be to get an Australian company to sponsor you. Although a lot of companies are doing it, I have to say they tend to sponsor those who have 5 years of experience or more.
http://www.immi.gov.au will be a good place to start looking. Let me know if you need any help. There's plenty of jobs on http://www.seek.com.au
Posted by
wsyong |
September 21, 2006 12:35 pm
Hee, you will meet yours soon.
Or maybe she is just sit beside you, but you never notice it....
Jia You!
Coming back this year end?
Posted by
Fizi |
September 21, 2006 10:51 pm
Thanks Fizi. Maybe you're right. But it doesn't matter cos I'm feeling pretty good right now without a gf, at least for today, keke.
Don't think I'll be coming back this year end. Sorry, can't make it to your wedding dinner. I may not be going back for CNY either cos I'm hoping to visit my sister in the UK next March/April. And I may do my first round-the-world trip at the same time. It will start from Australia > Tahiti > Los Angeles > New York > London > Bangkok > Australia. Airfare is approx. A$2300. Wanna join me? hehehe.
Posted by
wsyong |
September 22, 2006 8:40 am