« Home | Gone - another » | In Town » | peace. surprised. » | The Special Two » | Equally excited » | Complete nonsense... » | More tests » | Haha, I did the test too » | tired, really, really, tired » | Won't bE lOng » 

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 

Is that mE

Was talking to an old fren of mine the other day. She's final year medical student. I don't call her very often, but when I do, we usually end up talking for quite a while. She's basically caught in a dilemma -- whether to stay in Aus or not. Apparently she's always wanted to stay and work here until recently. She just suddenly misses home, family and, of cos, her bf in msia. I guess I'm pretty lucky that I'm not caught in a situation like this, God knows if I would stay if I had a gf in msia, hahaha.

When the conversation ended, it suddenly hit me if I would be able to handle it if I was her bf, who's has tutoring for the past 5 yrs or so. Not because of the distance, but the job. I have nothing against tutors. In fact, I think it's a venerable job and they deserve the respect as teachers. I know it's 21st century now, but I still like the idea of being able to contribute more financially to the family. Contributing anything less than my partner would most likely hurt my ego, haha. Conservative, sexist or small man? Take your pick =P.

No comment!
so, do you intend to settle down in Aus huh?

tutoring in 5 institutes mayb can earn more than a doctor :P hahaha was kd :P but as long as both parties are okie wif it,shouldnt b a prob tht the man contributes less than the woman.there r many ways to contribute apart fr $ though. ;P

I believe I'll go back to Msia eventually, after working a few years abroad. But things may change. And the longer I stay here, the harder it is for me to get back. Cos by then I'll be so used to the lifestyle (and $$$, keke) here. As you know, I've been looking for a house for the past few weeks. And I really like the houses here, as well as the living environment. I'm starting to think it might not be such a bad idea after all settling down in Aus, hehehe. Although that thought scares me sometimes. =)

Tutoring can make good money though. Someone I know actually treat his engineering job as a part-time job. ;)

Post a Comment